Two Years of Marriage and I got holes in my shoes.



I know, strange title and weird picture. Let me explain....

I got them on our wedding night as we traveled up to beautiful Traverse City on a weekend honeymoon. Well that did not go so great but was the best weekend of my life. We traveled about 5 hours to get there and arrived in town at about 9 p.m. and we were very tired and could not wait to get out of the van. Well I guess everyone else in the world on the first week of October decided to get rooms and the whole city was sold out!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH We are in the middle of nowhere and this is the only city anywhere around for hours. So we had to race other couples (who had the same problem) to a resort about 1.5 hours north. We arrived at about 1 a.m. and very tired and cranky and I think we took some snowmobile tracks or something to get there and in a conversion van (dont ask). Needless to say I remember waking up thinking.....I wonder where we ended up so I pulled the curtains away from the huge window and 4th floor patio I was taken back by the most amazing view I have yet to see. It was Northern Michigan, Torch Lake, and Fall colors as far as the eye can see. What made it more amazing was I was a married man. Not only a married man but I was married to the most beautiful women in the world. As that thought pounded on my heart and the sweet thoughts of our Gracious God who has shown me mercy time and time again it hit me....Where are the roads? All the sudden I realized it was trees as far as my eyes can see but not one road. "Where are we" in a panicked mind set. "How did we get here if there are no roads?" Well we went out of the building and to the parking lot and I was ok. We then when on a little tour and then headed back to Traverse City to stay the night there but all in all it was the most wonderful time of my life.

Two years later I have holes in my shoes, baby spit up on my shirts, day after day of running the kids to something, homework, two little ones crying for my wife at the same time and neither one wants me and I could not be more thankful for any of it. Holes in shoes to some means garbage. Holes in shoes to me means a marriage that is walking strong. Praise be to God.


Below are two pictures of the lake we woke up to after driving lost for almost two hours and in the pitch black of night......



2 comments:

Thank you for your comments.