He knows the End from the Beginning

Today, as we continue in the subject of election I want to start with the attribute of God that will be most beneficial to this subject, Omniscient or Gods Sovereignty. The Word Omniscient comes from the Latin word omniscient [omnis, all + sciens, from scire, to know] and is a reference to God's attribute of possessing all knowledge. So the question I think we need to ask ourself is, does God know everything before it happens? Does he know the beginning from the end? Lets launch into some text to prove that God in fact knows everything from the Beginning to the End of time. Hold tight because this subject will prove to be very valuable in this entire series....


Isaiah 46:10
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

1 Samuel 2:3
"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed

Daniel 2:20-22

and said:
"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are His.

21 He changes times and seasons;
He sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.

22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
He knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.

Job 37:16

16 Do you know how the clouds hang poised,
those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?

Psalm 147:4-5

4He counts the number of the stars;
He gives names to all of them.
5 Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite.

Isaiah 40:28

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired
His understanding is inscrutable.

Psalm 139:1-4

1O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.


So I think the Bible gives ample evidence that God is all knowing. God is in control and completely on His thrown. Nothing happens that he did not already know would happen. Nothing takes Him by surprise.


With that said let me ask this question and I will move into the subeject with full force tomorrow.... Did Jesus Die for those that God knew would reject Him? If so, why would he die for those that he already knew from the foundation of the earth would NOT be written in the lambs book of life?


Revelation 20:15
If anyone's name was not found written in the bookof life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 17:8
The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world

I want you to pay close attention to that last verse. There names were not written in the book of life from when? FROM THE CREATION OF THE WORLD. If Jesus died for those who were not written in the book from the beginning He failed. He died for them but because they did not choose Him then He failed to save them. Sure we can say that they made the choice but he specifically died for them and there choice was Greater than Gods will.


Tune in Tomorrow.


God Bless


2 comments:

  1. I have been so blessed by your post"HE KNOWS THE BEGINING FROM THE END" It's true He does know all things...I will put my trust and hope in Him.
    God bless you and keep you.May He cause His face to shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sophie, It is very comforting to know that God is in control. That our God has put all things under His feet and we can trust that all things will work out for good. We serve a mighty God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.